Advanced Professional Practice
Code- MIS610 assignment help
Subject- Advanced Professional Practice assignment help
Working in international teams is the reality of the global business environment. For this assessment, you are required to choose a specific culture (it could be your own) and provide advice to an Australian about doing business in this culture as well as what they need to understand to be successful? In doing so, research a case study of an organisation that has been successful or unsuccessful to assist in understanding the nuances of doing business in another culture. Then, create a poster with no more than 500 words (+/- 10%) explaining the case study, it’s importance and provide at least three recommendations for working in that culture linked to the case study. Use of visuals is highly recommended to make your poster appealing and easy to understand.
Information technology and systems are central to all organisations. To stay competitive in a modern business environment, the use and deployment of IT is vital. This is because it allows organisations to remain ahead of competition and to ensure new services and products are provided to their cliental. On the other hand, the rapidly developing new technologies have also resulted in additional complexity. Therefore, any given organisation as an enterprise has several moral, ethical and legal obligations regarding privacy and the security of information as well as the use of technology to develop solutions.
1. Identify a culture and the reason for your selection. Research about doing business in the selected culture. This may include asking friends and family for their advice.
2. Find a case study of an organisation operating within the chosen culture that has been successful or unsuccessful in their operations.
3. Create a 500 words poster to answer the following questions:
• What is the case study you have selected?
ASSESSMENT 1 BRIEF
Subject Code and Title
MIS610 Advanced Professional Practice
International Professional Practice Research Poster
500 words (+/- 10%)
The Subject Learning Outcomes demonstrated by successful completion of the task below include:
a) Research and reflect on the role of a Business Analyst (or chosen career path) in the contemporary business environment and society more broadly.
Due by 11:55pm AEST Friday end of Module 2.2
MIS610_Assessment_1_Brief_Poster_Module Due 2.2 Page 2 of 4
• Why is it important to help an Australian understand the chosen culture?
• What are the lessons learned for an outsider?
• What recommendations could you make for an Australian who will do business in this environment (face-to-face or online)?
• How will this help the individual to conduct business? Give at least three recommendations for working in the culture linked to the cases study.
4. Please read the attached MIS610_Creating an Academic Poster document. Use of visuals is highly recommended to make your poster appealing and easy to understand
5. You are strongly advised to read the rubric which is an evaluation guide with criteria for grading your assignment. This will give you a clear picture of what a successful report looks like.
There are requirements for referencing this report using APA referencing style and it is expected that you reference any lecture notes used and five additional sources in the relevant subject area based on readings and further research. It is essential that you use appropriate APA style for citing and referencing research. Please see more information on referencing here https://library.torrens.edu.au/academicskills/apa/tool
Submit this assessment via the Assessment 1 link in the main navigation menu in MIS610 Advanced Professional Practice. The Learning Facilitator will provide feedback via the Grade Centre in the LMS portal. Feedback can be viewed in My Grades.
Academic Integrity Declaration
I declare that except where I have referenced, the work I am submitting for this assessment task is my own work. I have read and am aware of Torrens University Australia Academic Integrity Policy and Procedure viewable online at https://library.torrens.edu.au/academicskills/apa/tool
I am aware that I need to keep a copy of all submitted material and their drafts, and I will do so accordingly.