BCO5501 BUSINESS PROCESS ENGINEERING, SAP
Part 1 BPMN (15%).
Develop a model for Premium Patio Furniture’s process using BPMN 2 (Business Process Model & Notation). Students must use Signavio to produce the model.
Part 2 SAP Workflow Design (20%).
Develop an SAP workflow design for Premium Patio Furniture’s process using the SAP workflow framework. The parts of the design should be in the form suggested in the box below.
(1) An Organisational Plan for Premium Patio Furniture’s process showing Organisational Units, Jobs and Positions required for the workflow. This plan should be presented as a hierarchy similar to the example completed in the lecture.
(2) List and describe the activities using the table structure shown. (You will have to add rows to the table). Table 1 for step 2.
(3) Define the assignments of activities to the Organisational Units in your organisational plan. Give a reason for your choice of assignment type and time. (Use the table structure shown below to record this information. You will have to add rows to the table. Refer to the example developed in lecture 8 to understand what is required here).
Table 2 for step 3.
(4) Draw, using the SAP workflow symbols, a SAP workflow diagram to describe the process logic (in the form of a Word document using the SAP icons provided on VU Collaborate).
You do not have to implement your workflow in SAP for this assignment!
Your written assignment submission must include:
- All modelsfor parts 1 and 2 must be submitted in a single file in pdf format. The file name must contain your group’s student numbers s3999998_s3999999Assn1b.pdf. The 3999998/9 in the attachment filename must be replaced by your group’s student numbers in ascending order. (See the instructions for assn 1a for one method of creating the pdf file.)
- Complete and sign the assessment declaration then scan the declaration. Put the scanned image in pdf format. The declaration and the pdf created in 1 above should be placed in a zip file named s3999998_s3999999Assn1b.zip. (replace the s399998/9 with the group members student Ids). The assignment must be neatly presented with your student number and name on each page.
- Submit these files to your lecturer via VU Collaborate for marking