CIS 5100 | CASE STUDY REPORT
Task 1: Personal Research Journal (max. 500 words)
Prepare a journal that records your activities and progress related to completing this assignment. In date order, clearly list the following:
Date of research activity/Discussion
- Full description of research activity/discussion (at least 25 words)
- List of all appropriate web sites visited to collect information; other references accessed (using Harvard AGPS Referencing style – submitted separately to the List of References in Task 2).
- The time duration of the activity
If you are working in a team, clearly state the activities of each team member.
Submit this journal as an appendix to Task 2 (after the List of References and include in the Table of Contents).
Any references to web pages and online documents, such as white papers, should be listed at the end of the journal.
Task 2: Case Study Report (max. 4,500 words)
Report Structure and Presentation
Your report should include a professional title page, computer-generated Table of Contents (including List of Tables and List of Figures) and Appendices.
Note: Make sure to state the names of all students involved in the report on the title page.
Report Letter of Transmittal, Executive Summary, and Introduction 5%
Your report should include a letter of transmittal, executive summary, and introduction to the report.
Report Section 1 – Business Strategy 10%
What Information Technology Strategies should Dr Moulton Marston consider obtaining/ retain a competitive advantage in their market space?
- Using Porter’s Five Forces Model, discuss how each of the five forces relates to Dr. Moulton Marston’s business. Justify your answer.
- What should be the business’s focus? Discuss what the business’s focus is in relation to Porter’s Three Generic Strategies. Justify your answer.
- What are the benefits to the business of Supply Chain Management and what are the types of metrics the business should be used to measure the performance of their Supply Chain Management? Justify your answer.
- Discuss what are the Upstream and Downstream steps involved in the business’s Supply Chain Management. Justify your answer.
Include a diagram of the business’s current Supply Chain based on the information you have from Assignment 1 and 2.
(Use Baltzan et al Chapters 1 & 9 Section 2 – Business Information Systems / Enterprise Information Systems: SCM)
Report Section 2 – Enterprise Resource Planning 10%
What would be the benefits to Dr. Moulton Marston of implementing an enterprise resource planning system?
- Differentiate between a database management system and an enterprise resource planning system. Why would an enterprise resource planning system be more beneficial to the business than a series of database management systems? Justify your answer.
- What are the core enterprise resource planning system components? Which core components should the business utilize? Justify your answer.
- What are the extended enterprise resource planning system components? Which extended components should the business utilize? Justify your answer.
- What are the considerations that the business should make when choosing enterprise resource planning software? Justify your answer.
(Use Baltzan et al Chapter 9 Section 1 – Enterprise Information Systems: ERP to assist you in answering this topic)
Report Section 3 – Customer Relationship Management 10%
What would be the benefits to Dr. Moulton Marston of implementing a customer relationship management system?
- How could the business support its customer-facing day-to-day operations through the use of an operational customer relationship management system for marketing? Justify your answer.
- How could the business support its customer-facing day-to-day operations through the use of an operational customer relationship management system for sales? Justify your answer.
- How could the business support its customer-facing day-to-day operations through the use of an operational customer relationship management system for customer service? Justify your answer.
- In what different ways could Dr. Moulton Marston use metrics from the business’s customer relationship management systems to track and monitor performance for sales, service, and marketing. Justify your answer.
(Use Baltzan et al Chapter 10 Section 2 –Enterprise Information Systems: Collaboration Systems to assist you in answering this topic)
Report Section 4 – Social Media 10%
What issues should Dr. Moulton Marston be aware of when embarking on a social media presence?
- Outline to Dr. Moulton Marston why the business should also be considering using Social Media as an avenue for communicating with their customers and promoting their brand. Justify your answer.
- Review and critique, including providing screen capture for each, the social media presence of three (3) other businesses that sell similar products to Dr. Moulton Marston’s business.
- How should the business manage their social media presence? Justify your answer.
- Develop a draft Social Media Policy for the business that they can implement if they were to embark on a social media strategy.
(Use Baltzan et al Chapter 11 Section 2 – Social Media to assist you in answering this topic)
Report: Conclusions and Recommendations to the Business 10%
Your report should include separate conclusions and recommendations sections.
- Conclusions provide a summary of your key findings from the body of the report.
- Recommendations provide a summary of the recommendations to the business based on the research conducted in the report.
Report: Referencing and Appropriateness of Sources 20%
Ensure that your reports are fully referenced, including any reference to the textbook. Your report should include in-text references and a List of References.
Do not repeat verbatim large slabs of information from other sources such as the text – you must put the ideas/information in your own words.
You must use at least ten (10) academically sound sources other than the textbook in completing this report.
- You are expected to have access to the Baltzan et al. 3rd Edition textbook as your starting point to answering all the above questions – use of Google search in place of the textbook may result in lower or failing marks.
- Note: the word count does not include a letter of transmittal, executive summary, references or appendices.
Task 3: PowerPoint Presentation to Client (max. 25 slides) 10%
Mrs. Quinn Hippolyta has asked you to provide a professionally developed business presentation to the client, Dr. Moulton Marston, outlining the project scope, key findings and key recommendations from the Case Study Report. Create a
Make sure that your professional developed business presentation is prepared so that it conforms to the course StudyDesk presentation resources. These resources include, but are not limited to the Practical Appendixes found on the Study Schedule and Module Materials and various videos.
The professional business presentations set of slides should be structured as follows:
- Title – outlining the full Business Name, Project Description, Student Name, and Student ID.
- List of Topics
- Presentation Content – the following are the topics the presentation must answer:
- Outline the Scope of the Report
- List and discuss the Key Findings from the Report
- List and discuss the Recommendations from the Report
CIS 5100 | Case Study Report| Business Management
This assessment involves three tasks. In task 1, the learner is required to prepare a personal research journal for recording all the activities and also progress related to the completion of this paper. Task 2 is to write a case study report of a maximum of 4500 words. The points to be included in the report are already mentioned in the question file. Make sure that the report is completely referenced and include in-text references and also a list of references. Task 3 includes the preparation of the powerpoint presentation. The number of slides to be included is a maximum of 25.
At our assignment help company, learners are provided with an opportunity to get the best in class CIS 5100 | Case Study Report| Business Management assignment help. The specialized services that our organization extends actually smoothen the way learners submit the top-quality academic papers and we assist them in meeting all their individualized academic requirements. Since our team is aware of the difficulties faced by learners in writing the subject projects efficiently in minimum turnaround time, thus assists them in the completion of robust papers in mo time. Our team of experts crafts each and every subject paper with the utmost care and perfection.