What do you need to do?
The assignment require you to do the following -
• Investigate and identify all the available cloud service providers and list them.
• Select one of the cloud service provider from your list and learn about the services it provides. If necessary, create a trial account and use all the different services it offers. Take screenshots to record some of those services while using them.
• Compare and contrast between Bluemix (used in this course) and the cloud service provider you have chosen.
Cloud computing: Cloud computing is delivering the computer services over the internet. User can access the application as utilities over the internet. Example: Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail etc. In 2006 Amazon is the first who provide the first public cloud.
Models of cloud computing
- Deployment Models
- Service Model
- Public cloud: This cloud allows system and services to be easily accessible to the general public. It is less secure like: email system.
- Private Cloud: This cloud allows system and services to be easily accessible within the organization. It is more secure because of its private.
- Community cloud: This cloud allows system and services to be easily accessible to the group of organizations.
- Hybrid cloud: mixture of public and private cloud.
IAAS (INFRASTRURTURE AS ASERVICE):
IAAS is fundamental building block for self service model that is used to accessing, managing and monitoring infrastructure. It takes the remote datacenter infrastructure such as server, storage, array and networking. It builds the virtual infrastructure that’s help to created, resized and removed when it’s needed. As the electricity and other utility billing customer can buy the IAAS based consumption rather than to buy hardware outright.
PAAS (PLATFORM AS A SERVICE):
PAAS is a category of cloud computing which provides a platform that allows the customer to developed and deployed without the complexity of building and maintaining the infrastructure typically associated with developing and deployed an app. Examples of PAAS providers are Google App Engine and Red Hat’s open shift. It reduces the complexity of high level programming. Multiple developers can work on the same program with different locally and not located nearby parties.
SAAS (SOFTWARE AS A SERVICE):
SAAS is the most common cloud computing service especially for customers. It moves the task of managing software and its deployment to third party services. Examples for the SAAS are drop box, Google App. SAAS model reduces the cost of the application because in this model the technical staff less needed. It can easily install mange and upgrade without technical staff.
IAAS SAAS PAAS:
SAAS is the best service and recommends using in an organization. Because in the SAAS Application, runtime, data, middle ware, o/s, virtualizations, servers, storage and networking everything is managed by the vendor itself. Basically, it benefits the end users. In SAAS user just need to logged in and start using the service. Like Gmail. But in other services PAAS it benefits the developer and application and data managed by the developer and else is managed by the vendors. In IAAS everything is managed by the developer and it only benefits the IT admin. So we can say in an organization the SAAS technique is more beneficial.
Cloud service provider (CSP): cloud service providers are the provider on the internet which provides the internet services. It is impossible to create your own infrastructure because it is not good in economical point of view, so it is better to use the services from the cloud service provider. Cloud service provider uses the shared infrastructure and customer can purchase the service from the CSP.
This assignment covers the cloud computing introduction and its model. If you need this assignment we can help you.