MIS611 - Information Systems Capstone
Code- MIS611 assignment help
Subject- Information Systems Capstone assignment help
This capstone subject encompasses an authentic assessment strategy within a work integrated learning context that delivers a ’real life’ learning experience. You will receive a brief from a case organisation/client which will form the basis for the three sequential assessments included in this subject. Assessment 1 Stakeholder Requirements Document is the first of three phases in which you, as a team will formulate a group response to the case organisation/client’s brief.
1. First phase: Assessment 1 - In the first phase, you as a team will determine the project approach and framework, and the requirements of your case organisation/client and complete a 3000-word Stakeholder Requirements Document. Please see below for further details.
2. Second phase: Assessment 2 - In the second phase, your group will develop and deliver a prototype solution for the case organisation/client (details as per the Assessment 2 brief).
3. Third phase: Assessment 3 - In the third phase, your group will ‘demo’/ showcase your prototype solution to the case organisation/client (details as per the Assessment 3 brief).
You will be required to select a project management approach based on what you believe is the most suitable approach for your client’s project. In doing so, you will make use of the tools and techniques that are aligned with the chosen approach including the appropriate requirements lifecycle techniques. Part of this assessment is also to briefly explain why the selected approach is the most appropriate to meet the needs of your client. In alignment with your selected project approach and framework, you will need to detail and demonstrate the requirements methods, tools and techniques that you are using with a justification as to why they have been selected as the most appropriate.
Caveat: While this subject focuses on three phases of assessment, this does not preclude the selection of an iterative framework. The structure of the assessment is not one of the characteristics which you should use to define the selected approach. Also, note that the title of this report specifically does not references typical document naming conventions within either the traditional ‘waterfall’ approach, nor the Agile approach to offer you the freedom to make the selection you believe is the most appropriate response to the challenge.
ASSESSMENT 1 BRIEF
Subject Code and Title
MIS611 - Information Systems Capstone
Stakeholder Requirements Document
3000 words (+/- 10%)
The Subject Learning Outcomes demonstrated by successful completion of the task below include:
a) Analyse relevant industry challenges to support the development of IS solutions for addressing organisational problems.
b) Produce the appropriate documentation aligned to the project delivery methodology to evidence project progress with project stakeholders.
c) Integrate professional skills to complete individual and team tasks in collaboration with team members to develop a robust solution that meets stakeholder needs.
Due by 11:55pm AEST Sunday end of Module 2.2 (Week 4)
MIS611_Assessment_1_Brief_Stakeholder Requirements Document_Module Due 2.2 Page 2 of 6
In the field of Information Systems (IS), there are several different frameworks with aligned tools and techniques that can be used to build solutions for organisations. Different frameworks are better suited to different problems and solutions. For example, the traditional project management approach takes a linear approach through a sequence of events, while an Agile approach is iterative.
IS leaders need to understand different philosophies and their approaches, their frameworks and the tools and techniques which they employ. This is so that they can make discerning decisions when selecting approaches to solve problems for the business. A key outcome of this series of sequential assessments will be for you to demonstrate your skills in selecting an approach with reasoning and justification, and then follow through by using the appropriate methods, tools and techniques as a simulation of a real solution delivery for a case organisation/client.
1. Team Formation and Registration
• Form teams of 5-6 members.
• The deadline for team registration is 11:45pm AEST Friday end of Module 1.2 (Week 2).
• To register your team, you are required to send your Learning Facilitator an email with “[MIS611] Team Registration” in the subject line. In the body of that email, please list the names and student ID numbers of all the members of your team.
• You are required to send the registration email to your facilitator before the registration deadline.
• After the registration deadline, those students who are not in a team will be allocated to a team by the Learning Facilitator.
2. Please read the case organisation/ client’s brief provided by the Learning Facilitator.
3. Write a 3000 words stakeholder requirements document outlining the project approach and framework, and the requirements of your case organisation/client.
4. Review your subject notes, from across the course, to establish the relevant area of investigation that applies to the case. Re-read any relevant readings for this subject. Plan how you will structure your ideas for your report and write a report plan before you start writing. You may like to start with MIS608 Agile Project Management and PROJ6000 Project Management.
5. Graphical representation of ideas and diagrams in the form of tables, graphs, diagrams and models are encouraged but must be anchored in the context of the material, explained, and justified for inclusion. No Executive Summary is required.
6. The stakeholder requirements document should consist of the following structure:
A title page with the subject code and subject name, assignment title, case organisation/client’s name, student’s names and numbers and lecturer’s name.
A Table of Contents is mandatory for this assessment (Create the Table of Contents using MS Word’s auto-generator. Instructions can be found here https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/Create- a-table-of-contentsor-update-a-table-of-contents-eb275189-b93e-4559-8dd9-c279457bfd72#__create_a_table).
Introduction: This must include background information about your case organisation/client as a business from quality sources, and any information about the S direction or strategies that you can gauge from the trade press or news articles. (375 words)
The brief: In this section you must describe and explain your interpretation of the case organisation/client’s brief to you. You are required to outline the following areas:
a. The problem area/scope of the project. (150 words)
b. The objectives of the project using SMART goals. (150 words)
c. The target audience for whom your solution is being defined. (225words)
MIS611_Assessment_1_Brief_Stakeholder Requirements Document_Module Due 2.2 Page 3 of 6
d. Critical Success Factors. (75 words)
A description of the project: the approach that you will be taking and the associated framework with a justification as to what characteristics of this project informed your selection of this approach. (375 words)
A stakeholder map which identifies key stakeholders, assessing stakeholder interest and how the project will address those interests. (75 words)
The data collection strategy used to elicit requirements - both primary and secondary, quantitative, and qualitative methods and tools in alignment with the project approach. (750 words)
Appropriately documented functionality that will need to be developed in your solution prototype. These may be business and functional requirements, or user stories depending on your selected approach. (750 words)
A clear problem statement to guide the solution process. (35 words)
Next steps to be taken in progressing to your solution prototype. (40 words)
References according to the APA style. (Not part of your word count)
Appendices - if required. (Not part of your word count)
This assessment will require you to draw on knowledge developed throughout your MBIS program based on theories, models and concepts that you have learned. There is no required number of references for this assessment. However, you will need to follow the discipline of referencing concepts to acknowledge their origin. It is essential that you use appropriate APA style for citing and referencing research. Please see more information on referencing here http://library.laureate.net.au/research_skills/referencing
Submit Assessment 1 via the Assessment link in the main navigation menu in MIS611 - Information Systems Capstone. The Learning Facilitator will provide feedback via the Grade Centre in the LMS portal. Feedback can be viewed in My Grades.
Academic Integrity Declaration
We declare that except where we have referenced, the work we are submitting for this assessment task is our own work. We have read and are aware of Torrens University Australia Academic Integrity Policy and Procedure viewable online at http://www.torrens.edu.au/policies-and-forms
We are aware that we need to keep a copy of all submitted material and their drafts, and we will do so accordingly.