RESEARCH THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF BIOMETRIC SYSTEMS | IT RISK MANAGEMENT
Part 2 – Short answer questions
Your task in this section is to prepare a response to each of the questions.Please refer to the marking guide when preparing your response to see what criteria will be used to assess your work and your progress towards the learning outcomes.
- a) Research into the different types of biometric systems which are currently available for access control systems. Briefly describe the techniques and technologies used for each type and discuss the advantages and disadvantages for the three types below. Give an example application when each type could be used:
- Palm print
- Face recognition
- Gait recognition
- b) Other than security concerns, privacy is considered a core value and is recognized either implicitly or explicitly as a fundamental human right. Privacy-enhancing technologies (PETs) can be defined as technologies that enforce legal privacy principles in order to protect and enhance the privacy of users of information technology. Research and discuss three PETs which can be used on the Internet. Use examples to illustrate your answer. [5 marks]
- a) Wireless sensor networks (WSNs) can be described as a network of nodes that makes a collaborative effort in sensing data around its periphery and its surrounding environment. Research into the area of WSNs and understand the WSN architecture and protocol stack. Discuss three different types of threats and vulnerabilities which can be used to attack the WSN. Give your recommendations on how the threats and vulnerabilities can be mitigated for the WSN. [5 marks].
These tasks aim to assess your progress towards:
- be able to justify the goals and various key terms used in risk management and assess IT risk in business terms;
- be able to critically analyse the various approaches for mitigating security risk, including when to use insurance to transfer IT risk;
- Be able to critically evaluate IT security risks in terms of vulnerabilities targeted by hackers and the benefits of using intrusion detection systems, firewalls and vulnerability scanners to reduce risk.
The grade you receive for this assessment as a whole is determined by the cumulative marks gained for each question. The tasks in this assessment involve a sequence of several steps and therefore you will be marked on the correctness of your answer as well as clear and neat presentation of your diagrams, where required.
Part 1 – Online Quiz
This part is a series of multiple choice questions. Each correct answer will score 1 mark. Marks will not be deducted for incorrect answers.
Most quizzes will involve multiple choice or true/false type questions, although quizzes may include other contents. Marks will be given based on the correctness of the answers. The Test Centre will be marking automatically and you will receive marks according to the following criteria:
HD – At least 85% answers were correct
DI – At least 75% answers were correct
CR – At least 65% answers were correct
PS – At least 50% answers were correct
|Research the different types of biometric systems| IT Risk Management
This assignment comprises of two parts-1 and 2. Part 1 comprises of the series of multiple choice questions. For every correct answer, the learner will score 1 mark. There will be no deduction of marks for incorrect answers. In part 2, there are two questions that are given. The learner is required to prepare the response for each of the questions.
The bio metrics is actually the analysis of the biological information through the utilization of the statistical and also mathematical models. This subject is bit typical as it encompasses quite a multiple fields of study on bio metrics and IT applications. Research the different types of biometric systems & IT risk management assignment help that our company provides is extremely popular among the students worldwide. Our company employs writers who have vast knowledge and experience in the field and capable of handling all sorts of the complicated projects related to the subject. So whatever is the topic or level of complexity of the task, our experts writers are always ready to handle it efficiently. Call us today to know more about our specialized academic writing services.